Saturday, December 20, 2008

Business on Broadway

So last Saturday was a great day, we were busy from the get go & had lots of sales and happy customers. Today there seems to be lots of foot traffic and cars on the street, but no one is coming in. I just don't get it. I cannot predict what days will be good & what days will be slow. I was thinking that now that the weather has turned colder, more people would be interested in sitting down to have a nice cup of tea, but it's hard to know if people are just not spending because of the bad state of the economy or that I am not reaching them in some way as a business.
So we are going to do tea tastings on Sunday in hopes of getting people in here on the weekend. Might start doing them on weeknights too! It's going to be like wine bars with a flight of tea, they get to sample all 5 of the different types of tea & get information on each type of tea. Now I just have to come up with the information to give our customers. Well I guess that will give me something to do on this slow day!
Oh we have genmaicha now too! That is the japanese green tea with toasted rice added to it, reminds me of puffed rice cereal I had as a kid. Great to wake up to!

No comments: